biggest pots lost today… … none were bluffs
biggest pots lost today… … none were bluffs
This is it. I just ordered a keyboard and a 23-inch monitor that should arrive sometime this or next week. I also deposited USD1.5k into my pokerstars account. There’s no looking back from here on; I’m going for the grind.
[x] Poker Tracker 3 (now compatible with mac!)
[x] BlazingStars (Hotkey program)
[x] Money in account
[x] Monitor, mouse and keyboard!
Now, I just need to play my A-game and not go on tilt. If I bust this, I have no more reason to play online poker. I’m going to play 9-12tables of 25NL first to get the feel of the routine, the equipment and the HUD until I reach 2k. Then I’ll switch to 50NL until I reach 4k, when I move up to 100NL. I HOPE to obtain a steady, 25-degree straight-line a la nanonoko by the end of the year, everyday a new career peak, and reach USD50K for vegas ’11!!
Wish me luck!
With 2,467 hands to go, I’m up HKD16.5k against Jay Gonzalez. So far, we’ve played a total of 5 sessions (overall 10.9 hours) of HU NLHE, alternating between 1-tabling and 2-tabling.
That gives me an average of 6.6BB/100 hands, a decent figure considering I lost HKD5k during the second session. Unfortunately, I cannot show many interesting hands (to say the least) we played because there is a problem with posting sessions on weak-tight.com.
Jay has headed to vegas to recuperate his losses. I’ll keep this blog updated when he’s back.
One hand I think I played well:
balla852 bets $6, Hero raises to $22, balla852 calls $16
balla852 bets $22, Hero calls $22
balla852 bets $45, Hero raises to $140, balla852 folds
~~~~~ And here’s the biggest pot of the challenge so far (HKD6k pot)
Against a normal opponent, over-shoving over a raise on that board with KK with no club would seem rather foolish, but Jay is no ordinary opponent. So I guess he had to put me on a crazy draw with ace of clubs, or perhaps a straight and a flush draw, to call my shove with 2nd pair with no redraw (against which he would be just about flipping with).
We played 982 hands this session. I played horribly, lost HK$5,085 this session. I was very spewy and was always bluffing at the wrong spots. Kudos to Jay he played very well, called down all my bluffs. Jay got the better of me this time.
Session can be seen here. Note, actual amount is HK$ 5 times the amount shown.
Some crucial hands:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Straight over Straight~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
balla852 checks, Hero bets $19, balla852 raises to $45, Hero calls $26
balla852 checks, Hero bets $45, balla852 raises to $100, Hero goes all-in $283, balla852 calls $183
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Set over Set~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flush over Straight~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a total of 334 hands, I’m up HK$7565 against high-roller Jay Gonzalez. So far so good. Jay claims to have a HK$200k+ bankroll so payment should not be an issue. Here are some HK$2k+ pots played:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Straight vs Two Pair~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Straight vs Top Pair~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hero bets $14, balla852 calls $14
Hero bets $34, balla852 calls $34
Hero goes all-in $257, balla852 calls $257
Note: HK$ in play is 5 times the amount shown.
Full session and hands can be viewed here
p.s., Weaktight claims that I’m only +1363 playchips in the session when I am in fact up 1513play chips. This is because it records that, for some strange reason, I start with -150 chips and Jay starts with +150 chips (as is shown on the graph).
Heads up NLHE challenge, inspired by durrrr challenge.
Table max buy-in: HKD2000
1) Winner is decided after 5k hands or until one surrenders.
2) Each player MUST BE ABLE TO PAY UP (this is an issue of trust).
3) If challenger runs out of monies and is no longer able to complete the remaining hands, he automatically loses. Obviously this applies to me too.
4) Money will be exchanged in person. If the challenger is in Hong Kong, it will be exchanged during summer.
5) Challenges will be carried out one at a time.
– If played on PokerStars, play in heads up play money rooms of 1/2 stakes as there is no rake.
– Before the challenge is initiated, each player starts off with 1,000 play chips.
– Play of up to 4tables can be carried out at a time depending on the challenger’s preferences.
– At the start of each session/add-on, total number of chips will be recorded.
– At the end of each session/bust, each player’s total playchips will be recorded.
– Whenever a player adds on, he must notify the other player. He must then sit-out of the tables in play before conducting a formal count of chips. When both parties are ready, the player can reload and resume play.
– After 5k hands, the loser will owe the winner:
(Difference between the two players total chips in their cashier / 2) x 5 HKD
Updates will be posted here after each session. First up: Jay Gonzalezzzzzzzz!
A few eventful things have happened since the last update…well…
1a. Managed to grind my online bankroll up from $50 to $800+ within a week. PTR doesn’t show this because I won a ton of money from Double or Nothing SNGs which basically meant I was flipping my roll across multiple tables.
1b. Suicided my bankroll from $800+ to $5 within 2 days. Oh well at least I managed to sell off $360 to Jason so instead of being down $550 overall online I’m only down $190. (I deposited $550 to start)
2a. Coursework #1 is done with! It constitutes 50% of my grade and finally I’m done and dusted with it!
2b. I’m not quite that free despite it being Xmas. Coursework #2 is due in Jan…it constitutes 50% of my grade and I have yet start on it…
3a. I’m back in HK! Anne and I have been planning to “film some sh*t” over the xmas break for quite some time.
3b. I forgot to pack my camcorder >.< No wonder my suitcase seemed so empty when I was unpacking…
So far nothing has really transpired. Oh well it’s the experiences that count!
4. I’ve been watching a ton of movies, many not worth mentioning (like Time Traveller’s Wife. (If you haven’t read the book,) BETTER NOT SEE IT). Overheard was a really solid movie, but it was quite corny and a bit too ordinary for me. From a filmmaker’s point of view several scenes were really well done, but the movie was nowhere near as good as Infernal Affairs (IMO anne…). The movie just didn’t seem special at all. I did watch some great movies though. The Bow (Korean movie by Kim Ki-Duk) was a really interesting movie. I watched it with Vic and he agrees it’s one very disturbing, FUKTUP movie (we were under the influence though). Amadeus (1984) was a remarkable movie, for me at least since I love classical music (especially Mozart’s Requiem). There are several scenes I don’t think I’ll ever forget, and the acting was one of the best I’ve ever seen. I’m also starting to really enjoy Shunji Iwai’s movies, especially Love Letter. It has one of the most superb endings I’ve seen in any film. You should also check out 500 days of summer if you haven’t already. I reckon it’s one of the best movies to come out of Hollywood this year, definitely an Oscar contender IMO.
5a. Hit Ministry of Sound with Kenta and Ron on Wednesday to celebrate coursework completion. That was a pretty sh*t experience. There were too many people who just kept walking around the dance floor trying to find their friends. It was impossible to dance. Music was horrible too, stupid MC kept going “HOO HOOO” to the beat of songs (ruined many songs IMO), DJ was doing a crap job mixing, cutting out good songs (i.e. Fake Blood) in the middle for some Cheryl Cole junk. It was a sausage fest as well. I guess nobody goes clubbing on a weekday… and student nights are generally sh*tty. I’ve also never gotten body-searched for drugs before…and gotten caught reeding up by security…I suppose this made it all the worse.
5b. Hit Fabric with Vic and Kenta on Friday (2 nights ago). Now that was a good night! They came over first at 2am to wake me up (I was sleeping lol) and chat/drink/smoke a lil and then we left for Fabric at 3. Tickets are cheaper after 3 so we got in for half price. Although drum n bass & dubstep really aren’t my thing, for some reason it didn’t bother me at all! We were so high it didn’t matter! This is what clubbing is really about: the music! Not taking 150 photos to tag on facebook & trying to get drunk for a really sh*tty hangover! We left Fabric at around half 6, headed back to mine and chatted/smoked more, listening to really chill music (Deftones, Portishead). Then we went to a tiny cafe nearby at around 8 for some REALLY GOOD ENGLISH BREAKFAST. The kind old man who owned the restaurant gave us really big portions & loads of toast. The hot chocolate was sublime too. It was a great end to 2009 in London.
6. Sat next to Bauhinia (uni friend) on the flight back! It was good seeing her for the first time since summer. Didn’t get any sleep on the flight back though, it was still fun! This made me realize I’ve gotten so used to reed in order to sleep that I have trouble sleeping without it. (It’s also 6:30am right now and I’m not asleep)
7. The windows in my bedroom have been boarded up. It’s pretty damn depressing.
So what are my personal goals this xmas?
1. I aim to go to the gym regularly again. I stopped after summer because there wasn’t a gym when I went back to uni in September, and ever since I moved in to my flat in Barbican I have not been eating right (and couldn’t be arsed to really lol)
2. Play tennis regularly as usual…
3. Get my essay done! Also need to catch up on work especially French & Finance (I didn’t attend the last 8 hours of lectures)
4. Bankroll boost to + HKD15k before Jan 10 2009. Well, AT LEAST 9K+.
5. Wardrobe boost is also in order lol. Haven’t really shopped since summer.
I think that’s about all I have time for this xmas. HKD15k is definitely a bit of a stretch, but not impossible. I’m not PLANNING to film anything because I stupidly forgot to pack my camcorder, but who knows something might transpire. Well, I’ll keep updating so keep checking!